Announcing: The 2014 U.S.-China Sister Cities Conference
With over 200 sister city relationships, U.S.-China partnerships are the fastest growing in the sister cities network. Sister Cities International is committed to strengthening and growing sub-national exchanges and partnerships between the two countries. Sister Cities International is set to host the 2014 U.S. China Sister Cities Conference in March in Washington, D.C. The Conference will connect government, business leaders, and citizen diplomats from the US and China to examine how US-Chinese sister cities relationships have been used historically, to examine new and exciting opportunities, and to explore new sister city partnerships. The Conference will present informative educational sessions from industry thought leaders and numerous forums in which attendees can socialize and network.
CLICK HERE to register.
Wednesday, March 26, 2014 – Friday, March 28, 2014
Day 1 (March 26, 2014)
Location: Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in the US, 3505 International Place NW, Washington, D.C. 20008.
- Evening Reception
- New US-China Sister Cities Signing Ceremony
Day 2 (March 27, 2014)
Location: Ronald Reagan Building, 1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, D.C. 20004.
Morning: Continental Breakfast
1) History of US-Chinese relationships
- Opening Ceremony and Welcome
- History of US-Chinese sub-national relationships
2) Subject tracks I: Innovative Exchanges and Programs
- Planning Effective Exchanges: Protocol, Visas, etc.
- Energy and Sustainable Development Programs
- Community Development Programs
Lunch Reception: Keynote speeches
3) Subject tracks II: Building Business Relations through Sister City Relations
- CEO Panel – Building Business in China
- State Department & Embassy Panel – Protocol of Doing Business in China
- Mayors Panel – How to Attract Business to Your City
4) US-China Sister City Awards Ceremony & Dinner. Award-winning sister city programs in the following categories will be honored.
- Best Arts & Culture program
- Best Youth program
- Best Economic Development program
- Best Energy and Sustainable Development program
- Best Community Development program
- Most Innovative program
- Longest US-China sister city/state relationships in good standing:
- Best Overall US-Chinese sister city relationship
- Individual – Outstanding Contribution to US-Chinese Sister Cities
Day 3 (March 28, 2014): Bonus Session
Location: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 1779 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, D.C. 20036.
1) Sino-African Initiative Panel